Pages

The Style of the 60's

Who even knew these kinds of cameras existed?! Seriously, I wish the 1960's would come alive again in the digital media world- all I see are black Nikons and 35mm Lenses with no style and all heavy capacities.

Sorry, got a little bit rant-y there. I just feel so inspired by cameras like the Girl Scout Imperial XII, which comes in 20 different colours (I have a preference for the mint green) or the Savoy Instant, a Russian favorite. Probably the saddest thing about all these cameras is that there is no more film for them. Just a dying fad now.


I wonder if we'll ever make cameras like these again, or just continue to buy the 'corporate styled' buzz-cut cameras that are all about modifications and over the top digital screens. Perhaps the world is moving on from the creativity of cameras themselves. Shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment